Shea butter is in every Plumpy Balms product and there are many good reasons for this!
I first discovered shea butter whilst volunteering in Ghana (long before there ever was a Plumpy Balm). I brought some back back with me and began experimenting in my kitchen, making balms using this creamy goodness. I realised through countless experiments that shea butter not only added a rich depth to my balms but really worked to moisturise and heal dry skin.
5 interesting facts about shea butter:
- Shea butter is made from the fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree
- It is high in Vitamin A & E which promotes skin collagen production
- It's moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties means it has many skincare uses including minimising blemishes, smoothing wrinkles, reducing the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, treating eczema and soothing sunburn
- It has a comedogenic rating of 0 which means it will not clog pores and why it is brilliant for all skin types
- Shea butter has been used as a skincare product for centuries and was loved by Cleopatra!
Needless to say we are big fans!